Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to Anna and Ally!! June 3, 2013

So it all starts with no eating or drinking after midnight last night.  It's about 7:15am and I am dying for some water.  I am so thirsty!!  But I have to wait until surgery is over.  I woke up around 5:30am.  Had dreams last night that I was eating and drinking and woke up to discover it was just a dream!  Of all the things to worry about I worry about that lol!  The babies were monitored for 45 min at 6am and their heart rates were good as normal!  The nurse then took 3 vials of blood for my blood count,  blood type and one other thing I forgot.  Then she started the IV hookup in my arm.  I don't have the liquids in me yet just the start of the IV into my vain.  The Dr that is doing my surgery then came in and introduced himself to me.  Dr Nohl.  He seemed really nice and comforting.  Then an associate for Dr Goyert (my MFM) came in and introduced himself and said Dr Goyert is off today so I am checking up on you.  He said "So I heard you were on the weight loss program today!"  Lol!! I said  "I'm hoping I will lose 10 pounds right away!" ;)  My husband, daughter and parents will be here at 8am.  I guess you can say right now is the calm before the storm.  So at 8:30 the nurse came in and told me to change into a gown and then the ultrasound Dr came in and did a quick ultrasound to check the positions of the babies.  Baby A was head down and Baby B head up.  Then at 9am I went into the Prep room to be prepped for surgery.  Anesthesia asked me a bunch of questions, I had to put a hat on, Jimmy had to put a hat on, mask, gown and booties.  Then it was time to go into the OR.  It was freezing in there.  They then did my spinal for anesthesia.  And put the curtain up in front of my head and my legs and stomach were feeling tingly and warm then pretty soon I couldn't feel them.  The surgery started and it lasted 2 hours!!  It started around 10am and the girls were out at 10:42 and 10:43.  Then came the long part of them stitching me back up.  Toward the end the spinal starting wearing off and I could feel so much tugging and pulling and pain!  It literally felt like they were stuffing my insides back in me.  They then gave me morphine and it helped a little but I was still in alot of pain!  Shortly after it was all over!  Thank God!  I went into the recovery room and was still in pain so they gave me some more pain medication and that helped alot!  I sat in recovery for an hour and then they wheeled my bed to the Nicu so I could see my girls!  They were a good size for being 32 weeks and so beautiful!  They both weighed around 4 pounds and were breathing room air.  Then I was wheeled back to my normal hosp room where my family was waiting for me to make sure everything went well.  That night around 8pm I was up and walking a little bit.  My husband and I went to see the girls and I got to hold Ally.  Anna was fast asleep and I didn't want to disturb her.  Sleeping that night was nearly impossible!  With an IV in my arm and pain in my stomach, ribs and shoulders I was mostly awake the whole night.  All in all the day had it's ups and downs but everything about this pregnancy, the scary moments, the 5 weeks in the hospital spent away from my 2 year old daughter, the pain of the c section and everything in between has never been more worth it than it has now!  My twins are so beautiful and I am very blessed to have them!  I love my new family of 5!!

Us
 

 
 Jimmy
 

 
 C Section Time
 

 
 The Cords
 

Anna

 
 Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment