Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 1 Down...55 More To Go (Mon 4.8.13)

Arrived at the hospital to be inpatient at 24 weeks on a Monday at 11am.  My husband came with me.  My 2 year old daughter stayed with my mother in law.  I got put into a private room.  I settled in and put my clothes in the drawers and met the nurse.  Shortly after my husband and I ordered lunch from the hosp cafeteria.  The food was OK...nothing special...it's hosp food!  Then my husband left to go pick up our daughter to come back and visit for the rest of the night and eat dinner together.  While he was gone I the nurse informed me that I had to go do a Doppler of the babies brain and cords.  There was a wheel chair waiting for me to take me to the ultrasound room.  They wheeled me there then I waited for 10 min in the chair then the ultrasound tech came and did the Doppler which took about 45 min.  Then I waited 15 min to get wheeled back to my room.  Being wheeled in a wheelchair was very awkward!  Then an hour later the nurse came in to take my blood for blood count, type and one other thing but I forgot.  Then she hooked up my belly to listen to both of the babies heartbeats for 20 min.  Baby A was easy to find but Baby B we couldn't find for a good ten min lol.  Then Jimmy and Ella showed up.  How I missed my princess!!  We ate Little Caesars and hung out.  Then at 8pm visitors had to go home.  This was the hardest part of my day!!  I cried when my baby left!  I don't know how I am going to make it in here 2 months!!  After they left I could've cried for a good hour but I grew strong and only let a couple tears flow.  Then a new nurse came in and introduced herself.  She took my temperature and blood pressure which was a little high.  She wrote my twins names on the board...I liked that!  Then she said here is your steroid shot, I have to put it in a big muscle so it had to go in the side of my butt cheek.  The poke didn't hurt so bad but the liquid itself stung going in.  Here I am now at 9:10.  I am tired and probably going to go to bed around 10pm.  I have to wear these leg things to bed to prevent blood clots.  I don't know how to put or turn them on so I'll have to ask the nurse.  Well I guess that's all for now.  SD.  So from 10 to 11:30pm  I tried to sleep but I couldn't.  Tossed and Turned and heard the nurses talking outside my door.  I need my pillow from home cause these pillows are just not cutting it for me.  I also need my fan for white noise to drown out the nurses talking.  Then at around midnight a nurse came in to take my vital signs (temperature and BP).  Then shortly after a Dr came in to do a Doppler/ultrasound because he said that the Doppler the tech took earlier couldn't get some pics because the babies kept moving.  He said they are looking very well and he only sees two lose twists in their cord which is excellent!  :)  I have no doubt in my mind that these babies will be born at 32 weeks or after!  Then I got  to try and sleep around 1am to 5:45am which is when the nurse woke me up.  I got some sleep but tossed and turned and went to the bathroom countless times!  At 5:45 the nurse took my vital signs again, then hooked the heart monitor up to my belly to hear the babies heart beats for an hour.  While that was going on my Dr (Dr Goyert) came to see me around 6:15 and basically told me what I already knew about the babies are doing really well and a planned c-section at 32 weeks.  He gave me his card and cell number and said to call anytime.  He said the staff here is excellent and I will be working with a whole lot of people.  He said I'm the celebrity on the floor because of my momo twins lol.  So then around 7:15 I tried to go back to sleep and I did for about an hour cause again the nurse woke me to ask me if I wanted to order breakfast.  I said can I order later and she said as long as you order by 10am.   So around 8:30 I decided to get up and order breakfast, opened the shade and turn the TV on to start my day.  A shower is in order today for sure and a visit from my parents and sister later as well as my hubby and daughter.  How am I going to make it through to 2 months!!  I know I can do it, it's just tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment