Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 3 Down...53 More To Go. (Wed 4.10.13)

I ordred breakfast around 8:45 and it came around 9:15.  As I was eating my Dr ( Dr Goyert MFM) came in to check on me and see if I had any questions.  I didn't.  He said that later today they would be giving my a pap smear swab later to check for Strep B.  He says even though I am not delivering vaginal he wants to check just in case.  Booooo!  I hate hate pap smears.  So I finished my breakfast and took at shower.  I am part of this MoMo twins group on Facebook and I have make 3 new friends on there that are expecting MoMo twins as well.  One girl just had her twins 2 days ago at 28 weeks and are doing well.  The two others are inpatient just like me.  One girl is ahead of me by 4 weeks and the other by 3 days.  It is so nice to have support and talk with these girls as we are all experiencing the same thing.  There are so many others on the MoMo Twins page that are very supportive as well.  It's 1:10 and it's lunch time.  I ordered a Michigan Chef salad, an apple and my little slice of heaven I can have once a week...a mini can of diet pepsi :)  To pass the time I have been working on some Beach Wedding Shower invites for my sister.  One of the Neonatologists came in to talk to me today about the preemie babies in the NICU.  He told me some percentages of survival rate with and without impairement.  He says the first hump to get over is 28 weeks.  That will be major for us because then the survival rate goes up tremendously and the impairment goes down as well.  Then I got my vitals taken after the Dr left.  Then another Dr came in to do an ultrasound to check the babies and she said everything looks good.  She says she looks for heartbeat, movement of the babies, and breathing.  Then she did the pap smear swab.  Awkward!  Thank god it was a girl Dr, it made it a little less awkward.  Jimmy just called and him and Ella are on there way for a visit!!  My FAV part of the day!  So Jimmy and Ella came around 2:30 and left at 8pm.  We had pizza for dinner and just hung out!  When it was time for them to leave Ella started crying out of the blue.  I think she is catching on as to what is going on and didn't want to leave me.  It made me so sad!  I can't wait until this is all over and I have my twin girls and Ella at home.  It's around 9:00pm right now and I am getting tired.  So I skyped Jimmy and Ella and my mother-in-law Trish was over to so I talked with them all.  Then I watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol and went to bed around 11:30.  I slept from 11:30pm to 6am.  I didn't sleep well last night.  I kept tossing and turning and got up to pee every hour and a half :(  The nurse came in to do my vitals around 6:30 and then to listen to the babies hearbeats for an hour.  Then I slept for about another half hour and got up around 8:30.  I;m loving these rainy dreary days.  I'm not missing a thing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment