Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 2 Down...54 More To Go (Tues 4.9.13)

Breakfast got here around 9:15am.  I ordered pancakes with strawberries and whip cream with hash browns, hot chocolate and a cheese danish.  Again for hospital food it was alright.  Definitely not IHOP!!  Then the nurse came in and got me more water and gave me a prenatal pill.  I have my own but she said just put those back in your purse.  Then 20 min later another Dr came in and did another Doppler.  She says everything is looking great.  Then another nurse came to do my vitals.  At 1:30pm Ella and Jimmy came up to see me.  We ate lunch and dinner together and my parents and sister came up around 6:30.  They all had to leave at 8pm because that's when visiting hours are over.  Today was a much better day!  Not as eventful as yesterday!  Just vitals every 3 hours or so.  The day went by fast because My daughter and husband were here all day :)  Now it's about 8:15pm.  I have the feeling I am going to sleep much better tonight!  I have my pillow from home and a fan for white noise.  It was still sad when Ella left but much better than last night.  No crying this time!  And my husband hooked up Skype so I can see her and him when they are not here.  Overall pretty good day.  The nurse just came in to take my vitals and give me my other steroid shot in my other butt cheek.  Again the needle didn't hurt just the liquid medication stung going in.  My hubby bought me a turkey sub from subway that's in my mini fridge so I'm probably going to eat that and Skype my husband and daughter and then try to get some Z's.  Went to bed around 10:15.  With my fan and my pillow from home I fell asleep easier.  The fan definitely drowned out the noises of the nurses outside my room.  Got woken up around 11:45 to check my vitals.  Then went back to bed 15 min later until 5:30 when the nurse came and woke me up to monitor the babies heartbeats for an hour.  The babies are doing great!!  Then I went back to bed at 7am and woke up at 8:15am.  So this seems like its going to be my normal sleep schedule...I can deal with that.  Much better night last night.  It's already getting better staying here inpatient.  The first day was the hardest!  Another positive note is that it is April and it's been raining everyday so far and rain is continued in the forecast for the rest of the month.  I'm happy about that because I don't feel like I'm missing out on a beautiful day outside.  April Showers Bring May Flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment