Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sleepless in Detroit :/ (5.15.13)

So far the amount of sleep I am getting is about 4 to 5 hours a night while waking up every hour and a half to pee.  I'm so tired all the time yet I don't do anything!  I go for a walk everyday and after 5 min I get out of breath and my back and belly hurts.  I go to bed around midnight and get woken up at 5:30 from the Resident Dr checking in on me.  Then at 6am the nurse comes in to monitor the babies heartbeats for an hour, then at 7am my MFM Dr (Provider) comes in to check on me and see if I have any questions and let me know how my ultrasounds/Doppler's are.  So far the twins are weighing the exact same 3.2 pounds :)  It's starting to go by faster in here now...thank god!  I was just recently diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes :(  I LOVE Sweets so this was such a bummer!!  I am now on a diet to regulate my blood sugar and get my finger pricked 4 times a day...which is NOT fun!!  The good thing is that my blood sugar level was only 5 above normal and that as soon as I deliver the twins the diabetes will go away!!  YIPPEE!!  This has been teaching me to count carbs and the difference between good and bad carbs and I can def take that with me for the rest of my life to eat healthier.  I asked one of the nurses about the c section I am going to have in a couple of weeks and she took me step by step of what happens.  It made me feel better to know what to expect now.  I am nervous but less nervous than I was before.  Every time a baby is born they play Brahms' Lullaby over the loudspeaker in the hospital.  I love hearing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment