Saturday, May 25, 2013

8 More Days until I meet my Twin Girls!! (5.25.13)

So far I have been in the hospital for about 3 weeks now.  I miss taking care of my Ella so much!  Only a week longer left in Mommy Jail.  I took a tour of the NICU last night and it really opened my eyes about how important breast milk is for preterm babies.  I knew it was important but now I know it is very important for preterm babies because it protects from infection, provides nutrients and promotes healthy growth.  I also learned that my milk is specifically suited exactly for my girls being that I am delivering them preterm.  They have pumps here at the hospital for me to use and I can also rent one to take home.  This Tuesday and Wed I am getting another round of steroid injections to help the babies lungs before I deliver.  I can't wait for the Big Day!  June 3rd!!  There is so much to look forward to this summer!  The birth of my twin girls, my sister's 30th birthday and wedding, my orientation for starting school to become an OB Ultrasound Tech which I start in the fall, having a girl's night out and date nights with my hubby :)  The journey of carrying my twins is almost over and now starts a new journey of the NICU and then taking them home.  They said the babies at least have to be 35 weeks and doing everything on their own before they can come home.  So they will be in the NICU for at least 3 weeks. 

1 comment: